This is the thinnest metallic (similar to tinsel on a Christmas tree) offering the most subtle effect. Use Filament by itself or combined with other threads and yarns for a random highlighting effect. Available in basic colors plus glow-in-the-dark (F), hi lustre (HL), vintage or antiqued (V), and holographic (L).
This is the thinnest metallic (similar to tinsel on a Christmas tree) offering the most subtle effect. Use Kreinik Blending Filament, by itself or combined with other yarns, to create random highlighting effect in any design. Available in different effects/finishes:
- Bright, bold Hi Lustre colors (has "HL" in color number), 62% polyester, 38% nylon
- Muted, antiqued Vintage colors (has "V" in color number), 64% polyester, 36% nylon
- Prismatic Holographic colors (has "L" in color number), 100% polyester
- Fun glow-in-the-dark colors (has "F" in color number), 80% polyester, 20% nylon
- Classic, standard Basic colors (no letters in color number), 65% polyester, 35% nylon
More details on this unique fiber:
- IN FLY FISHING: Filament comes in skeins and is called Flash or Flash In A Tube™
- IN CROCHET & KNITTING: Lace or light fingering weight. Use it as a carry along with any other yarn to add metallic or glow-in-the-dark effects. It adds no weight, is super soft, and super subtle.
- IN NEEDLEWORK: Use it alone over a stitched area, or combined with another thread like cotton floss in the needle. If combined, most stitchers prefer using two strands of cotton floss along with one strand of Filament.
- IN WEAVING: Sett 48 epi. Note: Filament is very thin with some elasticity, and not as strong as Kreinik Braids.
- CARE: Hand and machine washable; tumble dry on low. Do not iron directly onto the metallic; use a press cloth. Note: some colors like red may bleed, so we recommend testing a swatch before washing your entire project.
- TIP: Some filament colors come with a supporting core (it looks like a super fine thread) that helps reduce static. We don't recommend removing the supporting core, but some stitchers prefer to remove it. In that case, we suggest using an item like Thread Magic which can reduce static. See our article "Secrets of Blending Filament revealed!" on this website for additional tips.
- TIP: Since this is a very thin, lightweight thread, we recommend knotting it onto your needle before you begin stitching (see diagram).
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326