One of the 12 Projects of Christmas using the holographic thread set, "Make Mine 3-D"
Decorate a blank book for the holidays and use it as your Christmas list or Christmas records (so you won't forget what you got someone in the past!). We used basic scraps to make this a recycled project. Use what you have on hand, but decorate them with shiny new holographic threads. They make the design sparkle like Christmas.
- blank book
- fabric scraps
- paper letters, chip board letters, or letters cut from cardstock
- misc. decorations like buttons, rickrack, wooden stars, etc
- sewing machine or hand sewing needles
- Treasure Tape double-sided tape
- Kreinik holographic threads in any color (these colors have the letter L in them, as in 002L, 001L, 003L etc) in Blending Filament, Fine #8 Braid, Tapestry #12 Braid, 1/8" Ribbon, 1/16" Ribbon
Instructions for how we made our model:
1. Using a sewing machine, we stitched with Kreinik holographic Blending Filament on a piece of ticking fabric cut to the size of our blank notebook.
2. Using scrap rickrack and holographic Blending Filament in a running stitch, we stitched down the rickrack onto the ticking fabric.
3. We cut triangles from green fabric scraps and sewed them onto the fabric using simple cross stitches and colors of holographic Fine #8 Braid and Tapestry #12 Braid.
4. We wrapped our letters with pieces of holographic 1/8" and 1/16" Ribbon. If needed, put Treasure Tape strips on the back of the letters to keep the thread in place as you are wrapping. We then used the Treasure Tape to secure the decorated letters to the fabric.
5. Then we sewed buttons onto the fabric using pieces of holographic Braid.
6. Added a wooden star wrapped with holographic ribbon to the center...
7. ...Then attached the whole decorated fabric piece to the notebook using the Treasure Tape.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326