NOTE: This item is not shipped.
Use this technique to make a fun Mardis Gras or Halloween mask. Pick colors that match your outfit or coordinate with your party theme.
- Wooden Mask (purchased from a craft store like Michaels, Hobby Lobby or JoAnns)
- Gold Paper (from papercraft section of a craft store)
- Gold Star & Swirl Papers (from papercraft section of a craft store)
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon in 002V Vintage Gold
- Kreinik Tapestry #12 Braid in 5001 Brass Key
- 1/4" Treasure Tape
- Diamond Beadlets
- Glue stick, x-acto knife, pencil, scissors
1. Trace your mask onto the back of your papers, one half of the mask on each paper. Cut them out, trimming any excess. (You can also hold the mask in place and cut out your shapes with an x-acto knife, to get a closer fit.) Make a decorative edge on the overlapping paper (use your favorite paper-edgers or just cut in a wavy or scalloped line). Glue both pieces to your mask. Allow glue to dry.
2. Using your 1/4" tape, wrap around the edge of the mask, so that the tape is level with the bottom and overhangs on the top of the mask. Make small cuts in the tape along curves in the edges of the mask. Fold the overhang down onto the mask. Next, apply tape at an angle along your mask's handle.
3. Peel back the red liner along a portion of your tape. Begin edging the mask with your gold ribbon. Continue around the entire mask. Next, apply the ribbon along the other edge of the tape, all the way around. Finish by adding a stripe of color 5001 braid between the two lines of ribbon. To embellish your handle, remove the red liner and wrap your tape with threads.
4. When finished embellishing, place your mask in a shallow tray or ziplock bag and pour Diamond Beadlets over the exposed tape. Swirl with your fingers to cover fully and tap to remove excess beadlets.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326