Stitch Guide for Lee's Floral Wallet painted canvas
Stitched by Jeanne Becker for Lee's Needle Art
Lee's Needle Art offers needlepoint painted canvases AND the leather goods for finishing your projects. Here we feature one of Lee's designs, a black and white flower print brought to life with sparkling Kreinik metallic threads, dazzling hot-fix crystals, and finished in a quality leather wallet. The project is small so it stitches up quickly and makes a great gift or personal accessory. This stitch guide is by Jeanne Becker.
- Lee's Needle Art Canvas #BB58 with the black and white flowers design painted on it
- Kreinik Fine #8 Braid: 3 spools of 011HL Gunmetal; 1 spool of 007L Blinding Black
- Kreinik 1/16" Ribbon: 1 spool 032 Pearl
- Kreinik Silk Serica: 1 spool of 8000 Soft White, 1 spool of 8073 Light Charcoal
- Kreinik Silk Mori: 1 (5m) skein of 8050 Black
- Lee's Needle Art leather bag #23 (black)
- 4mm Jet Black Xilion Hot Fix embellishments or similar flat-backed sequin
- Home iron, craft iron or hot-fix crystal applicator if using hot-fix crystals
• Fine #8 Braid 011HL Gunmetal in basketweave stitch
• Silk Serica 8073 Light Charcoal in half cross stitch
• Outline with Fine #8 Braid 005L Blinding Black in half cross stitch
• Center is 1/16" Ribbon 032 Pearl in basketweave stitch
• Outline with Silk Mori 8050 Black (3 strands) in cross stitch
• Center with Silk Mori 8050 Black (3 strands) in basketweave stitch
• Petals with Silk Serica 8000 in basketweave stitch
Block canvas if necessary to restore shape.
1. Cut off excess selvage, leaving 2 canvas threads.
2. Carefully remove the paper from the cut-off portion of the leather bag, leaving the sticky layer in place. Place the stitched needlepoint into the sticky layer. make the fine adjustments if necessary and glue down edge of the opening to the needlepoint selvage. A plastic knife or popsicle stick is a handy way to apply the glue. Just don't apply too much glue.
3. Attach the hot-fix embellishments to the center of each small flower according to the directions on the applicator.
Lee's Needle Art canvases and leather goods are available in needlework stores.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326