Felt Snowflake Ornament
Note: this item is not shipped
Take scraps of felt, add a little bling with metallic thread embroidery, and you have a fabulous snowflake ornament for your tree or to give as a gift. (Sews up quickly if you need a hostess gift at the last minute).
- Kreinik threads: Tapestry #12 Braid 033L, 1/8” Ribbon 001L and Fine #8 Braid 026L
- three 5” pieces of felt in various blue or gray shades
- blue, silver, or white sequins
- #22 Tapestry needle
- embroidery needle
1. Using the templates below (enlarge or reduce size as desired), cut out the snowflake shapes from your felt pieces.
2. Embroidery on each felt piece using the Tapestry #12 Braid and Fine #8 Braid. Use any stitch you desire; we used a basic running stitch on one and a buttonhole or blanket stitch on one.
3. Layer the three snowflake pieces on top of each other, largest in the back, smallest on top. Sewing through all three layers, attach the sequins using French knots, tacking stitches or similar using the embroidery needle (which has a sharper point than a Tapestry needle) and the Fine #8 Braid. You can also add buttons or other
ephemera as desired.
4. Add an ornament hanger by sewing the 1/8” Ribbon in a loop at the top.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326