Braided Autumn Metallic Bracelet
This project came out of a hopeless search for an autumn-looking bracelet. Searching department stores high and low, the bracelets were either too big, too flashy, heavy, not enough brown, too many other colors, etc. A handmade bangle solves the problem — you can customize the colors and fasteners plus set your own width and length. Kreinik 3/8" Trim was chosen to make the bracelet because it comes in a wired form (easy to shape), looks high end for a fraction of the cost, and comes in a variety of colors.
Try your hand at designing your own bracelets. Beads can easily be added as you braid to make it even more interesting. Bonus idea: make bracelets for gifts...in school colors for homecoming dance...for charity campaigns...here is the link to the other colors available in Kreinik 3/8" Trim.
- Kreinik 3/8" Trim (wired), any 3 colors
- Kreinik Cord in a color to match one of your trim colors
- toggle clasp and ring, or other fastener with medium to large sized holes
- scissors, needle
- decorative beads with medium to large sized holes, if desired
- Make sure a small piece of tape is wrapped around the end of each piece of 3/8" Trim; this will keep the ends from separating as you work.
- Measure your wrist or determine how long you want your bracelet to be.
- Start braiding the 3 colors together, keeping the trim flat as you braid.
- When you get to the end, fold two of your 3/8" Trim colors to the back, and wrap the Cord tightly around them to secure (stitch in and out with the Cord to make sure these two ends are secured together. Cut the taped ends off of these two, trimming as needed close to your wrapped area.
- Take your other trim length and insert it into the ring on your clasp. Turn it under, and secure by wrapping with your Cord. Use your needle to stitch in and out and around the ends to secure and fasten off with a stitcher's knot. Trim the tape off this piece of 3/8" Trim as close to your wrapped area as possible.
- Repeat step #5 for the other end.
Note: if desired, you can add decorative beads as you braid the Trim together.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326