Blue Envelope Purse
Note: this item is not shipped
Design by Chris Adams
- size F crochet hook
- one skein Paton's Katrinia #10120 Ocean Blue, 3 1/2 oz/100g (referred to in instructions as yarn A)
- six spools Kreinik 1/16" Ribbon in 329 Bahama Blue ( referred to in instructions as yarn B)
- Purse — sc (single crochet), hdc (half double crochet), sl st (slip stitch)
- Floral motif — sc, hdc, dc (double crochet), sl st
Gauge — 8 sts = 2 inches, six rows = 2 inches
- Holding yarns A & B together, loosely ch 34.
- Row 1: Turn and hdc in 3rd ch from hook and across row. Ch 2 and turn.
- Row 2: Hdc across row, ch 2 and turn.
- Repeat row 2 thirty-two times, until piece measures 12 inches.
- Cut yarn B and continue using just yarn A in next step.
- using yarn A, work row even in hdc, ch 2 and turn.
- Row 2: (decrease row) Work across row in hdc, skip last st, ch 2 and turn.
- Repeat row 2 nine times, (21 sts), end work.
- Fold purse up to 2nd last row using metallic yarn B, to form bottom of purse with flap at top. Using yarn B, attach at top left side and sc down side to bottom to close side. End work. Repeat for other side.
- Using yarn A, attach at R edge on top side of flap and sc around flap, working 2 sts at corners and making sure flap lays flat (about 65 sts). End work. Tuck in all ends.
- Using yarns A & B, attach on RS at left flap edge with sl st, ch 148. (Will make strap about 18 inches long.) Connect to other side of purse next to flap with a sl st. Ch 1 and turn.
- Row 1: Hdc across strap and sl st to other side.
- Row 2: Cut off yarn A and continue with yarn B as edging, across row in sc. Sl st to other end of purse.
- Row 3: With yarn B, sc across row, sl st at end and cut yarn. Tuck in all ends.
Flower motif on flap:
- Using F hook and yarn B, ch 6. Sl st to first ch on hook to form circle.
- First round: Ch 3, (counts as 1 dc), into ring. Work 1 dc, ch 6, work 3 dc (5 times). Ch 5, sl st to 3rd of 3 ch at beginning of round.
- Second round: *Ch 1, into next space of 5ch, work 1 sc, 1 hdc, 6 dc, 1 hdc, 1 sc. Ch 1, skip 1 dc, sl st into next dc. Rep from * four times more. Place last sl st into 3rd of 3 ch at beginning of previous round. Fasten off leaving a 6-inch tail. Work ends in toward center of flower and use tails of flower to fasten to purse flap by tacking petals in place on wrong side. Tuck in all ends.
Adding decorative button: Pull 2 strands about 6 inches long of yarn B through one (or two) holes in button. Tie large knot in front of button and pull ends through remaining hole (or holes) of button. Tie together on back to secure knot in center of button. Using a crochet hook, pull strands through center of floral motif and anchor on back of flap. Tuck in all ends.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326