Beaded Paper Ornament
Skill level: beginner
Materials used in the project pictured; modify sizes and thread colors for your particular design:
- Kreinik #12 Braid 009HL Emerald Hi Lustre
- Four flat-backed red and green cabochons or sequins
- Red and green satin ribbon
- 3" x 3" picture of a Christmas ornament (like from a catalogue, magazine, etc)
- 1-inch Kreinik Treasure Tape
- Glue stick
- Diamond Beadlets®
- Shallow pan or tray
- Hole punch
Instructions for our model:
- With the glue stick, attach the ornament picture centered onto your cardstock.
- Cut the Treasure Tape to be 3" x 3". Remove the white backing and lay centered on your ornament image. Remove the red liner to expose the top sticky area.
- Lay the green and red cabochons on the ornament.
- Lay the Emerald metallic braid on the ornament in curls, swirls, etc. as desired.
- Lay the satin ribbon around the edge of the tape area, overlapping, folding and pressing into the tape as you go along.
- When thread decorating is complete, lay the design in a shallow pan or tray and cover remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets®
- Punch a hole in the top and run an extra piece of thread through as the ornament hanger.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326