Decorated Dance or Stage Shoes
NOTE: This item is not shipped.
Iron-on threads and hot-fix sequins decorate any shoes with metallic thread. Use this technique for a Bohemian look or any costume that you need to make in a hurry.
- 1 pair of plain shoes
- Fabric: 2 green prints for leaves, 1 color for flower
- Iron-on or glue-on flat-backed Crystals in Clear (from a craft store)
- Kreinik Iron-On #16 Braid 6200 light yellow
- Kreinik Iron-On 1/8" Ribbon in 6500 lavender and 6300 green
- Fusible Webbing or Treasure Tape
- Tools: Iron, teflon press cloth, scissors, fabric pencil
Note: if your iron isn't Teflon coated, you will want to either use a press cloth between the thread and your iron, or adhere one of our Adhesive Press Cloths to your iron (apply while cool). This will keep the adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron.
1. Turn on your iron to it's highest setting and allow it to heat up. Cut out your fabric pieces: three leaf shapes and two simple daisy shapes (4 petals each).
2.Use your Iron-On Ribbon to edge each of your fabric pieces: lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon press cloth, and press with your hot iron for several seconds until the thread adheres. Use the 6300 Meadow Green 1/8" Ribbon around the edges of each leaf shape and add one stripe of thread down their centers. Use the 6500 Hydrangea 1/8" Ribbon around the edges of your flower shapes.
3. To create the yellow stamen detail on your flower, use a piece of scrap fabric. Iron down the very end of your 6200 Daffodil #16 Braid. Fold the thread end into a closed loop and iron in place. Gently pull off the fabric while still warm. Cut the end leaving a 1" tail. Make 4 of these.
4. Begin assembling your flower. Iron 4 stamen pieces onto your top flower shape, leaving the curled ends loose. Iron your crystal onto the center of the flower. (Place the crystal on your design and cover with your presscloth. Press with the iron to heat the crystals until they fuse with your fabric.)
5. Cut your fusible webbing or Treasure tape to the size of your leaves and flower pieces. Apply to the back of your fabric. Attach your two flower pieces together, so that the bottom petals show between the top petals. Decide how you want to arrange your leaves and flower, then iron them onto your shoe.
Repeat these instructions for your second shoe and get ready to step out in style!
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326