Wired beaded anklet in silver and black
Designed by Linda Lindgren
This quick macrame-like jewelry project makes great use of extra beads and buttons you may have in a box or jar. Use the Kreinik Wired Braid™, a shapable metallic, as the main thread, and the anklet will keep its shape much better as you walk-and-wear.
- Kreinik Wired Braid™ in 005 Black
- six large beads, mixed designs in black and silver finish
- five to six round silver beads
- one large decorative button, with shank, silver and black finish
- scissors, white glue
- Dip ends of Wired Braid™ into white glue, smoothing fibers into a point for ease in threading through beads. Allow to dry.
- Fold Wired Braid in half and string one small silver bead to center of fold. Tie two "over hand" knots close to small bead.
- Measure approximately 1 inch from knots and tie one over-hand knot. This loop will wrap over the button to secure the bracelet.
- Hold both strands of wire together and thread through one large bead, bringing bead snug against over-hand knot, tie an over-hand knot against the bead. Measure 1/2-inch from knot and tie another over-hand knot. Continue adding large beads, securing with knots, using five beads.
- Measure 1/2-inch from last bead and tie a knot. Thread wire through bead shank and secure with a knot.
- Divide wires, thread and a small silver bead onto each wire, hold wires together and tie a knot. Repeat one more time with small beads.
- Add last large bead to ends of wire and secure with knot. Bring ends of wire around button, and wrap firmly at base of button, trim as needed and insert ends into bottom of bead.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326