Note: This item is not shipped.
This felt stocking was $1 at Target. Simply add paw print embellishments with Kreinik Iron-on Thread, personalize it with the pet's name, and you have a whimsical but inexpensive Christmas stocking.
- inexpensive purchased stocking (look at discount stores, craft stores, dollar stores)
- Kreinik Iron-on 1/8" Ribbon in 6450 Blue and 6020 Silver
- Kreinik Iron-on Medium #16 Braid in 6450 Blue
- Mini Craft Iron or home iron
- Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth (small size to fit a mini iron, or large for a home iron)
Note: if your iron is not Teflon-coated, you will want to use a press cloth between the thread and the iron, or apply a Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth to your iron (several sizes are available). Apply the Adhesive Press Cloth while your iron is cool and unplugged.
- If your iron isn't coated with a non-stick surface, you will want to put the Adhesive Press Cloth on the plate. This keeps the heat-activated adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron. When your iron is cool, simply peel the backer off the Adhesive Press Cloth and lay it flat on the plate of the iron.
- Turn your iron on to high heat and let it heat thoroughly.
- Iron paw prints onto the stocking following the diagram as a guide. Lay the thread at a starting point, press with the hot iron for several seconds until the thread adheres, then keep pressing the thread in sections. For best results, lay the Iron-on 1/8" Ribbon flat as you work, creating a "spiral" or circle for the pads of the paw print.
- Continue adding paw prints to your stocking using the silver or blue Iron-on Ribbon.
- To add your pet's name, use the Medium #16 Braid in 6450 blue. Design your own lettering style, or use a font on your computer as a guide.