8-ply, softly twisted metallic for adding a fuzzy texture to a design. The light twist makes it incredibly soft to the touch.
Kreinik Ombre is an 8-ply, softly twisted metallic thread. Available in variegated colors as well as solid gold, silver, and pearl to add a fuzzy texture.
- 65% polyester, 35% nylon
- 8-ply softly twisted metallic
- IN WEAVING: Sett 14 epi, use for weft or warp
- IN KNITTING/CROCHET: Fingering, super fine weight. Needle size 1 to 3. Hook size B1 to E4. Can also be used in a knitting machine. It gives knitted (hand or machine) items a beautiful, soft drape without scratchiness.
- IN NEEDLEWORK: Use in specialty stitches like Satin Stitch to show off the unique texture of the soft twist (appears slightly fuzzy) on 18-count needlepoint canvas plus linens, fabrics and evenweaves. Can be used in cross stitch on larger Aida (ie, 12-count) or linens; use a needle with a larger eye to open the fabric sufficiently. In embroidery on cotton fabrics, try a #18 Chenille needle.
- CARE: Hand and machine washable; tumble dry on low. Do not iron directly onto the metallic; use a press cloth.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326