Micro-Ice Chenille for fly tying
Kreinik’s Micro Ice Chenille is a light-reflecting, crystal-type chenille. It is one-half the size of regular ice chenille and can be used as a body wrap on small hooks. Available on 3-meter spools or 50-meter cones.
Kreinik’s Micro Ice Chenille is a light-reflecting, crystal-type chenille. It is one-half the size of regular ice chenille and can be used as a body wrap on small hooks.
- Not affected by saltwater or epoxy finishes.
- Use in saltwater patterns such as shrimps or Crazy Charlies.
- In freshwater flies, it's perfect for forming Woolly Bugger bodies and nymph thoraxes on stoneflies.
- The Peacock color (affectionately known as peacock herl on steroids) is an excellent replacement for peacock herl. Use it wherever peacock herl is to be used as a body wrap, such as Zug Bugs, Prince nymphs, Renegades and Picket Pins.
- It is sturdy enough to be used in a single strand and does not have to be reinforced with ribbing.
- Want to create more color options? Kreinik Micro Ice Chenille readily accepts dyes such as Rit®. All you need is a lukewarm water bath and some dye. Best results are achieved using Opal or Pale Yellow.
- Available on 3-meter spools or a 50-meter cone
- Content: cotton core, polyester metallic
Watch fly tyer Val Roberts using Kreinik Micro Ice Chenille (the pink) and Kreinik Flash (the red) to make a body on this scud-like fly. In addition to the metallic shimmer and fuzzy texture, the pink chenille has some UV properties.
Vern uses Micro Ice Chenille black for the under body on this lure:
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326