Lighthouse Tag or Bookmark
Note: This product is not shipped.
Here's a fast project that makes good use of fun fabrics. Use this idea to make bookmarks, scrapbook page embellishments, etc.
- one paper tag
- small square cut from a fabric print (we found this lighthouse fabric at Walmart)
- Kreinik Iron-on Ribbon in light blue (or in a color to match your print)
- Kreinik Iron-on #16 Braid in blue to make the birds
- Kreinik Press Cloth or Adhesive Press Cloth
- Mini iron or household iron
- glue stick
Note: if your iron is not Teflon-coated, you will want to use a press cloth between the thread and the iron, or apply a Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth to your iron (several sizes are available). Apply the Adhesive Press Cloth while your iron is cool and unplugged.
1. Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
2. Glue the fabric swatch to the tag.
3. Outline the fabric swatch with the 1/8" Iron-on ribbon: lay the thread at a starting point, cover with a Teflon Press Cloth, and press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue working the design in sections in this manner.
4. Make birds by ironing the #16 Braid 6450 Royal Blue in the same manner.
5. Weave pieces of metallic ribbon through the tag's hole to finish off your tag.