Jeweled Art Tin
Turn your child's crayon artwork into fiber artwork
Jeweled Art Tin
Designed by Treasure It
Skill Level: Beginner
Estimated Time: 40 minutes
Use fun little tins to hold all your treasures (jewelry, hair accessories, retainers, dental floss, gum, candy or lip balm). Decorate them with style (that is, with beads, tape and thread!) to personalize any tin.
- something to draw with (crayons, magic markers, stamps)
- mint tin
- 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheet
- Kreinik #12 Braid metallic thread to match your drawing (we used 210 Gold and 024 Fuchsia)
- Flat-backed cabochons
- Diamond Beadlets®
- shallow pan or tray
1. Trace the surface of the tin onto cardstock paper. Cut so that paper is 1/8" smaller than the top of the tin.
2. Draw your favorite picture on the paper
3. Trace 4" x 6" Treasure Tape to fit exactly on top of the surface.
4. Stick artwork to top of tin using a glue stick or a piece of Treasure Tape.
5. Carefully place tape on top of drawing.
6. Peel off top red liner.
7. Use metallic threads to embellish your drawing. Here the lion's mane was enhanced and the background design was added by looping the thread and pressing it into the tape.
8. Lastly, dip into the Diamond Beadlets® to seal and coat image.
Tips: When applying "stringy embellishments" like ribbon, embroidery threads and fibers to double-sided Treasure Tape, you can easily pull up the design and start again if you make a mistake or want to try a different design. When using red liner Treasure Tape it is best to cut with Teflon® coated scissors -- or use adhesive remover to wipe the residue off your
To print the instructions for this project click on the on the link above "Printable version" and then print the page using your web browser.
If you have trouble printing this page and would like us to send you a printed copy send a #10 SASE to: Jeweled Art Tin, P.O. Box 1258, Parkersburg, WV 26102.
© Copyright 2006 Kreinik. May be reproduced but not sold. Consumer Info: 1-800-537-2166 or www.kreinik.com
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326