Irish Roses Picture Frame
Note: this item is not shipped
Designed by Maggie Petsch
Size: For 7 3/4” x 5 3/4” wood frame with 4” x 6” opening
Surround that lovely baby girl with delicate pink Irish roses. For a boy, try white roses on a pale blue frame. Or, change the colors to match a graduation picture, wedding picture, grandmother’s picture, etc. These roses can also be stitched individually and made into pins and appliques for decorating clothing and purses.
- Kreinik Blending Filament (one 50m spool) 092 Star Pink
- DMC Cebelia crochet cotton size 20 (415 yd per ball): 1 ball each pink and olive green
- Size 9 steel crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- alphabet beads: A, G, I (two), L, R, S, T to spell “It’s a girl”
- three 1/4-inch in diameter pearl beads
- craft glue
- sewing needle and pink sewing thread
Gauge: Rose = 1” in diameter. Check gauge to save time.
Pattern note: Join rnds with a sl st unless otherwise stated.
Pattern Stitch (referred to as ‘p’ in instructions):
Picot (p): Ch 2, sl st in last sc or dc made.
Rose (make 11):
- Rnd 1: With pink cotton and pink Blending Filament, ch 1 (center ch), ch 2 more (beg ch-2), 9 hdc in center ch, join in 2nd ch of beg ch-2. (10 hdc, counting beg ch-2 as first hdc)
- Rnd 2: [ch 3, sk next hdc, sl st in next hdc] rep around, ending with sl st in st at base of beg ch-3. (5 ch-3 sps)
- Rnd 3: Sl st in first sp, ch 1; beg in same sp, [sc, 5 hdc] in each sp around, do not join. (5 petals)
- Rnd 4: Working behind petals of last rnd, sl st between last petal made and next petal, [ch 4, sl st between next 2 petals] rep around. (5 ch-4 sps)
- Rnd 5: Sl st in first sp, ch 1; beg in same sp, [sc, 7 dc] in each petal around, join in beg sc, fasten off, leaving short length for finishing.
- Individual leaf (make 10):
With olive green, ch 8, 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, p, 2 dc in next ch, dc in next ch, p, hdc in next ch, [2 sc, p, sc] in last ch; working in rem lps across opposite side of foundation ch, rep from * to *, sc in same ch as beg sc, join in beg sc. Fasten off.
- Leaf pair:
With green, ch 8, 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, p, 2 dc in next ch, dc in next ch, p, hdc in next ch, [2 sc, p, sc] in last ch; working in rem lps across opposite side of foundation ch, rep from * to *, sc in same ch as beg sc, join in beg sc, ch 9, [2 sc, p, sc] in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in next ch, dc in next ch, p, 2 dc in next ch, dc in next ch, p, hdc in next ch, [sc, ch 1, sc] in next ch; working in rem lps across opposite side of ch, rep from * to *, join in next sc, fasten off
- With sewing needle and pink sewing thread, sew one alphabet letter bead to center of each of 8 roses. Sew one pearl to center of each of three rem roses. Using photo as a guide, glue roses and leaves around edges of frame.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326