Glow-in-the-Dark Boo Vest
Decorate a purchased vest with Kreinik iron-on threads for a quick, no-sew costume.
NOTE: This item is not shipped.
• purchased black vest (look for one at your local Goodwill, costume, or consignment shop)
• Kreinik Iron-on Ribbon in 6700 Cantaloupe, 6710 Coconut, 6720 Honeydew(they all glow in the dark)
• Kreinik Iron-on Medium #16 Braid in 6700 Cantaloupe, 6710 Coconut, 6720 Honeydew
• Mini iron or household iron
• Press Cloth
• fabric marking pen or pencil (one that washes off or disappears)
• ghost template*
* use a ghost pattern from a coloring book, a child’s drawing, or your own pattern. Photocopy it in a variety of sizes.
1. Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
2. Cut out your ghost pattern templates and lay in desired pattern on your vest. Trace each pattern with your fabric marking pen.
3. Outline each ghost pattern on your vest with Iron-on Ribbon: Place your ribbon at a starting point, cover with the Press Cloth, and press with your hot iron for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue, working in sections.
4. Make the eyes and mouth with Iron-on Braid, always covering with the press cloth before ironing to keep the adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron.
5. Write “Boo” freehand with your fabric marker. Trace over this word with Iron-on Braid.
6. For maximum wearability, tack down the iron-on thread with tiny stitches using a clear monofilament thread.
© Copyright Kreinik. May be reproduced but not sold.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326