Embellished Quilt Label
NOTE: this is not a product that is shipped.
- pre-printed fabric quilt label or your own designed label
- Kreinik Iron-on metallic threads: 1/8" Ribbon in your desired colors, and #16 Braid in your desired colors
- Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth
- Mini Craft Iron or home iron
- The Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth keeps the adhesive in the thread from making your iron surface sticky. So if your iron isn't already Teflon®-coated, then apply the Adhesive Press Cloth to its surface while it is cool. Kreinik offers these cloths in various sizes to fit popular irons.
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Use the Iron-on threads to decorate your quilt label. In our photograph, we sewed scraps of fabric to the label, and used the threads to decorate the seams, crazy-quilt style. Simply lay the thread at a starting point, cover with your iron, and press for a few seconds until the thread adheres. Continue working your design this way. The thread does not have a right or wrong side, so feel free to fold, curl, shape the thread as desired.