Note: this item is not shipped
Design by Maggie Petsch • Skill Level: Intermediate
Size: 2 1/2" in diameter
- South Maid crochet cotton size 10 (350 yd per ball): Small amounts each orchid pink #401 (A), white #1 (B) and spruce #179 (C)
- Kreinik Metallics blending filament (55 yd per spool): 1 spool each #092 star pink (BFA) and star mauve #093 (BFB)
- Size 7 steel crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- 3/4" pin back
- Small amount polyester fiberfill stuffing or cotton ball
- Tapestry needle
- Sewing needle and spruce green sewing thread
Gauge Rnds 1 & 2 of base = 7/16" in diameter. Check gauge to save time.
Note: Do not join rnds unless otherwise stated; mark first st of each rnd with safety pin or other small marker.
- Rnd 1 (RS): With C, leaving a 36" length for finishing at beg, ch 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook; pull 36-inch length to RS and leave for later use. (8 sc)
- Rnd 2: [Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc] rep around. (12 sc)
- Rnd 3: [Sc in each of next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc] rep around. (16 sc)
- Rnds 4-9: Sc in each st around; at end of Rnd 9, join with a sl st in beg sc. (16 sc)
- Rnd 10: Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, ch 2, sk next sc, [sc in next sc, ch 2, sk next sc] rep around, join with a sl st in beg sc, fasten off. (8 ch-2 sps)
- Rnd 1: With RS facing, attach 1 strand BFA and 1 strand A held tog with a sl st in any ch-3 sp, ch 5 (counts as first tr, ch-1), [tr, ch 1] 10 times in same sp, [tr, ch 1] 11 times in each rem sp around, join with a sl st in 4th ch of beg ch-5.
- Rnd 2: Sl st into first sp, ch 4 (counts as first tr), 2 tr in same sp, 3 tr in each rem sp around, join with a sl st in 4th ch of beg ch-4, fasten off.
- Rnd 3: With RS facing, attach 1 strand BFB and 1 strand B held tog with a sl st in any tr, ch 1, sc in same st, ch 3, [sc in next tr, ch 3] rep around, join with a sl st in beg sc, fasten off.
- Insert hook into bottom center of base, pick up base of 36-in. length left for finishing, draw up a lp to RS, ch 13, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in each rem ch across, sl st at bottom center of base, fasten off.
- Stuff base firmly with small amount of polyester fiberfill or small amount of cotton ball. With tapestry needle, weave 9" length of C through ch-2 sps of Rnd 10 of base. Pull tightly to close opening. Knot securely. Run ends into base with tapestry needle and cut off excess close to base.
- With sewing needle and spruce green sewing thread, sew pin back to base of carnation.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326