Beaded Wrapped Pens
Beaded Wrapped Pens by Treasure It
Beaded Wrapped Pens
Designed by Treasure It
Skill Level: Beginner
Estimated Time: 10 minutes
Plain pens can be transformed into funky, cool wrapped pens by using Kreinik metallic threads. Kids love wrapping pens! This is a great activity for camp, fundraisers, school, or church groups.
- pens (rounded pens are best)
- Kreinik #12 Braid in your choice of colors (we used 006, 014HL, 056F, 054F, 055F)
- Diamond Beadlets®
- 1" Treasure Tape roll
- rhinestone (optional)
1. Simply cover your pen lengthwise using the 1" Treasure Tape.
2. Peel off red lienr, then start wrapping your thread around the pen.
3. If sticky tape is still exposed, dip into Beadlets to cover.
4. Add a rhinestone to the top to give it a finished look.
Tips: When applying "stringy embellishments" like ribbon, embroidery threads and fibers to double-sided Treasure Tape, you can easily pull up the design and start again if you make a mistake or want to try a different design. When using red liner Treasure Tape it is best to cut with Teflon® coated scissors -- or use adhesive remover to wipe the residue off your
To print the instructions for this project click on the on the link above "Printable version" and then print the page using your web browser.
If you have trouble printing this page and would like us to send you a printed copy send a #10 SASE to: Beaded Wrapped Pens, P.O. Box 1258, Parkersburg, WV 26102.
© Copyright 2006 Kreinik. May be reproduced but not sold. Consumer Info: 1-800-537-2166 or www.kreinik.com
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326