Designed by: Treasure It
Skill level: beginner
Estimated time: 30 minutes
This jeweled tin makes a great keepsake for all the small items that you don’t want to misplace at camp, on a trip, in your purse, or on your dresser.
- Jewel craft rhinestones
- seed bead mix
- ¼” Treasure Tape roll
- 4” x 6” Treasure Tape sheet
- Kreinik #12 Braid and 1/16” Ribbon metallic thread in your choice of colors (we used 007 Pink and 092 Star Pink)
- scrap paper
- Diamond Beadlets®
- shallow pan or tray
- Trace the surface of the tin onto scrap paper. Use this as a template to cut a piece of Treasure Tape to fit, and adhere tape to top of tin.
- Peel off the red liner to expose sticky tape.
- Decorate with rhinestones -- place larger ones first, then smaller ones.
- Add seed bead mix.
- Fill in with Diamond Beadlets®.
- Wrap ¼” tape around the lid and embellish with lanyard and metallic thread. Cover completely with thread.
Tips: When applying stringy embellishments like ribbon, embroidery threads and fibers to double-sided Treasure Tape™, you can easily pull up the design and start again if you make a mistake or want to try a different design.
When using red liner Treasure Tape it is best to cut with Teflon® coated scissors -- or use adhesive remover to wipe the residue off your scissors.
To print the instructions for this project click on the link at the top of the page "Printable Version" and print the page using your web browser. If you have trouble printing this page and would like us to send you a printed copy send a #10 SASE to: Beaded Tin, PO Box, Parkersburg, WV 26102.
Consumer Information: 1-800-537-2166 or www.kreinik.com
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326