All American Tin
All American Tin designed by Treasure It
All American Tin
Designed by Treasure It
Skill Level: Beginner
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
Make this festive tin to hold tiny treasures in a country home, in your purse, at camp, or on a trip.
- patriotic scrapbook paper
- red, white or blue fabric
- Kreinik #12 Braid metallic thread 003, 100, 051HL
- Diamond Beadlets®
- 4" x 6" Treasure Tape
- 1/2" Treasure Tape roll
- shallow pan or tray
- sand (optional)
1. Cut scrapbook paper (any scrap paper with a cool image is fine) to fit top of tin. Cut 1/8" smaller than lid.
2. Use glue stick or Treasure Tape scraps to secure image to tin.
3. Cut 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheet to fit lid, then place it over the image.
4. Peel back red liner to expose sticky part, then decorate the image with metallic thread.
5. Place lid in shallow pan or tray, and cover with Diamond Beadlets®.
6. Use 1/2" Tape to wrap around side of tin.
7. Cut fabric pieces (or paper) to use to decorate. This creates a mosaic look.
8. Use metallic threads to add color and design.
9. Dip in Diamond Beadlets (or sand!)
Tips: When applying "stringy embellishments" like ribbon, embroidery threads and fibers to double-sided Treasure Tape, you can easily pull up the design and start again if you make a mistake or want to try a different design. When using red liner Treasure Tape it is best to cut with Teflon® coated scissors -- or use adhesive remover to wipe the residue off your
To print the instructions for this project click on the on the link above "Printable version" and then print the page using your web browser.
If you have trouble printing this page and would like us to send you a printed copy send a #10 SASE to: All American Tin, P.O. Box 1258, Parkersburg, WV 26102.
© Copyright 2006 Kreinik. May be reproduced but not sold. Consumer Info: 1-800-537-2166 or www.kreinik.com
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326