"Quilted" Heart Card
NOTE: this item is not shipped
"Quilted" Heart Card
Designed by: Amy Law
Skill Level: Beginner
Iron-on threads give you an embroidered, crazy-quilted look when you don't have time to sew or embroider. This card is a fun way to use fabric scraps. With the colors and sparkling threads, it's sure to bring some cheer and love to a special person.
- blank white card with heart cutout
- plain cardstock
- pink fabric scraps, various patterns
- Kreinik Iron-on 1/8" Ribbon in 6120 Pink
- Kreinik Iron-on #16 Braid in 6010 Pearl
- mini iron or household iron
- Kreinik Press Cloth
- Tools: glue stick, scissors
1. First, turn your iron on to it's highest setting and allow it to heat up. Then cut a piece of cardstock to the size of your card. Center it under the front of your card and trace your the cutout shape onto the cardstock as a guide.
2. Begin cutting pieces of fabric and arranging them on your cardstock so that they cover all of the traced shape. Once you have laid out all of your pieces you can begin gluing them in place.
3. Using your iron and pink ribbon, begin covering the seams between your fabric pieces. (Lay your thread at a starting point, cover with the Press Cloth, and press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue this way until your design is completed.) Next, embellish along each seam with your pearl braid. To finish, use the braid to write "Love" in script across the middle of your heart shape.
4. When finished, use your glue stick to attach your cardstock piece to your card, so that the design shows through the cutout. Finish your card by adding a pink ribbon border to the outside of your heart shape.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326