Peppermint Headband Pattern
Note: this item is not shipped
You can find fabric headbands at dollar stores and discount stores, and they are perfect foundations for holiday embellishments. Here we added a simple length of crochet, but the sparkle of metallic thread really dresses it up for a Christmas party or holiday photo. This project is super easy and can be done in about half an hour.
Materials needed to replicate our model:
- fabric covered headband (we used a red version)
- white/red variegated yarn (we used a medium weight cotton yarn)
- Kreinik Ombre color 1400 (a red/silver variegated metallic)
- red sewing thread or Kreinik Silk Bella in 1117 Red
- sewing needle
- crochet hook (we used Susan Bates size 7)
Hold the Kreinik Ombre and your red/white yarn together (the metallic serves as a carry-along thread here). Chain 60, or enough to cover the length of your headband. Tie off
Using the red sewing thread or Silk Bella, sew the chain to the fabric headband, tucking tucking the ends underneath the last chain on each side.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326