Flash 1/69" Unsupported
The ultimate metallic for adding sparkle, action, and light reflection to the tails and wings of many flies, from small to large. Strong, static free, and less slippery than other brands. Unsupported means it is a single metallic strand without a nylon supporting thread.
- Choose skein size: small, mid-size, bulk (1000 strands), bulk (5000 strands)
- Once you have selected your colors, scroll down and click "Add to cart"
Kreinik Flash is a synthetic metallic "tinsel" for adding sparkle and light reflection to the tails and wings of many flies. Kreinik Flash is unaffected by saltwater or epoxy finishes, yet is flexible enough to be mixed with marabou, enhancing its action in the water.
Add Flash to the tails of woolly buggers, bass bugs, poppers, eels, and leech patterns. Mix Flash with bucktail in streamers. Single strands can be used as ribbing on nymphs and wet flies. Perfect in popular dry fly patterns. You can do even small delicate flies with Flash.
- Colors ending in "Z" are super bright Holosheen shades, those with "F" are glow-in-the-dark, those with "T" are lightly transparent. Colors with "L" are holographic (prismatic).
- Small Flash-In-A-Tube: 12 inches long, 250 strands in a clear plastic tube for ease in cutting and storing
- Mid-size Flash-In-A-Tube: 9.75 inches long, 1000 strands in a clear plastic tube for ease in cutting and storing
- Bulk Flash: 1-meter long, either 1000 strands or 5000 strands
- Size (width) is 1/69"
- unsupported means it is a single metallic strand and does not have any extra nylon supporting threads.
Watch fly tyer Ron Gaddy make a Kreelex using Kreinik Flash:
Even the smallest of lures sparkles with Kreinik Flash. Choose colors in the 1/69" size if you're doing small flies like these by fly tyer Val Roberts.
Would this product be useful in your business (ie, manufacturing, teaching, retail)? If so, you could benefit from bulk quantities at wholesale pricing. To open a wholesale account, we require a copy of your business license on file. Send a copy along with your business name and contact info to:
- Kreinik Customer Service Department, 1708 Gihon Road, Parkersburg, WV 26101 USA
- or fax it to 304-428-4326