Sparkling Valentine's Day Wreath
Note: this item is not shipped
Some inexpensive craft store supplies and sparkling Kreinik metallic threads combine to create a colorful Valentine's Day wreath. This is a great project for using scraps of yarn and your half-used spools of Kreinik thread. Kids will enjoy this project too. Make something gorgeous out of leftovers!
- Small or medium sized Styrofoam™ circle shape (from a craft store)
- Yarn (we used pink, red, white variegated yarn, but feel free to use any color or yarn you may have at home)
- Kreinik Metallic Threads: we used Japan #5 001J Silver, Heavy #32 Braid 032 Pearl, 1/8" Ribbon 007L Power Pink, Medium #16 Braid 092 Star Pink
- Felt hearts (we found a pack for $1 at Target, then decorated them with Kreinik Iron-on Threads Medium #16 Braid colors 6020, 6130, 6225)
- Kreinik Treasure Tape 1/2" Roll
- magnet if needed to hang the wreath on a metal door or file cabinet
1. Wrap the circle with your yarn. Weave ends in the back to hide, secure ends with a pin in the foam, or tie in a knot on the back to anchor.
2. Wrap Kreinik metallic threads around the shape, one color at a time.
3. Attach felt hearts using the double-sided Treasure Tape.
4. Attach magnet on the top back if desired.
To decorate the felt hearts:
Use Kreinik Iron-on Medium #16 Braid in 6020 Silver, 6130 Red, 6225 Gold to outline hearts.
1. We always recommend using the Kreinik Press Cloth to keep plate of your iron clean and smooth. While the iron is turned off, attach the adhesive Press Cloth to your iron, flattening out any bubbles.
2. Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
3. Lay the thread at a starting point, cover with your hot iron and press for a few seconds until the thread adheres. Continue working your design this way.