Personalized Felt Gift Bags
Note: This item is not shipped.
You can find felt gift bags in the $1 bin at Target, or at the Dollar Store. Pick up a few, then embellish each to suit your gift recipient's personality. Add initials, names, decorations as desired. Watch how something plain transforms into something extraordinary. The magic is in the threads! Iron-on thread, that is.
- inexpensive felt bags purchased from a discount store
- Kreinik Iron-on Threads. For the tree bag, we used 1/8" Ribbon 6300 Meadow and 6010 Pearl. For the deer bag, we used Medium #16 Braid 6130 Red and 6020 Silver.
- Mini Craft Iron or home iron
- Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth (small size to fit a mini iron, or large for a home iron)
- misc buttons, decorations as desired (note: you can find packages of mini ornaments in craft stores and dollar stores. These make excellent embellishments to sew onto felt projects.)
- If your iron isn't coated with a non-stick surface, you will want to put the Adhesive Press Cloth on the plate. This keeps the heat-activated adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron. When your iron is cool, simply peel the backer off the Adhesive Press Cloth and lay it flat on the plate of the iron.
- Turn your iron on to high heat and let it heat thoroughly.
- Decorate your bag as desired using the Kreinik Iron-on Threads. Follow the outline of any appliques that may be on the bag, for instance. Be creative and have fun. Here's how to use the iron-on thread: lay the Braid or Ribbon at a starting point on your sleep mask, and press with the hot iron for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue working your design this way, following your template, until the design is complete.
- If desired, add buttons and decorations using sewing thread and a sharp needle.