Monogrammed Stocking Silverware Holders
Make your holiday dinner table more festive by using mini stockings as silverware holders. You can find them at dollar stores and other discount stores. Use Kreinik Iron-on Metallic Ribbon to make a monogram, and you will have your place settings all ready (your guests can even take the stockings home to use as an ornament).
- Mini stockings from dollar store or discount store
- Kreinik Iron-on Metallic 1/8" Ribbon in red, green, gold, or silver
- Kreinik adhesive press cloth to fit your iron (craft iron or home iron)
Note: if your iron is not Teflon-coated, you will want to use a press cloth between the thread and the iron, or apply a Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth to your iron (several sizes are available). Apply the Adhesive Press Cloth while your iron is cool and unplugged.
- If your iron isn't Teflon® coated, cover the foot or surface with the Kreinik adhesive press cloth. This will keep the adhesive in the iron-on thread from sticking to your iron.
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Place the Kreinik Iron-on 1/8" Ribbon at a starting point, cover with your hot iron, and press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue working your monogram this way, working in sections, until the letter is complete. If needed, use fonts on your computer as a guide for recreating fancy lettering, or do simple block lettering.
- Place your silverware in the mini stocking and set next to your plate at the table.