Monogrammed Leaf Place Markers
Note: This item is not shipped.
A dollar store transformation that will personalize and dress up your next dinner party
Skill level: for all, Time: half hour
You can find bags of fabric leaves at the dollar store or other craft stores. They make perfect place markers for dinner parties — your guests will be so impressed and your autumn dinner party will have that extra touch. You can embroider the monogram, but fusible Iron-on Threads make for faster embellishments.
- fabric leaves (we found ours at a dollar store)
- Kreinik Iron-on metallic threads in your choice of colors. We used #16 Braid in gold and other autumn colors
- home iron or craft iron
- Kreinik Teflon Press Cloth or Adhesive Press Cloth
Note: if your iron is not Teflon-coated, you will want to use a press cloth between the thread and the iron, or apply a Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth to your iron (several sizes are available). Apply the Adhesive Press Cloth while your iron is cool and unplugged.
- Turn your iron on to the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Lay your fusible Iron-on thread at a starting point, cover with a Teflon press cloth, then press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue working this way, working your monogram in sections. Note: the Teflon keeps the heat-activated adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron. Some home irons are already Teflon-coated, but the mini craft irons will need a sheet of adhesive Teflon or a piece of Teflon (both available from Kreinik).