Girls Only Sign
Girls Only sign embellished with Iron-on Threads
Designed by Amy Law
Skill Level: Beginner
That's right: no boys allowed! Make it known by creating this funky doorknob hanger with style.
If using the adhesive press cloth with a Mini Iron, apply it while the iron is cool and unplugged
1. Paint your wooden sign and let it dry thoroughly. Make sure the sign is clean and dry before beginning.
2. Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting, and allow it to heat thoroughly. The adhesive in the thread needs high heat to be activated.
3. Trace a pattern from your stencil in light pencil, to make design lines to follow. You can also draw freeform or use rubber stamps with a light ink pad.
4. Place Iron-on Thread at your starting point, cover with the Teflon Press Cloth, and press with a hot iron for a few seconds to "tack" the thread into place.
5. Continue ironing the thread down in sections, covering with the Teflon and pressing for 3 to 5 seconds with your iron. The Teflon press cloth keeps the adhesive from sticking to your iron.
6. When finished, clip the thread, and start again with your next color in the same manner.