Note: This item is not shipped.
You can find bargains in the pillow section at stores like Home Goods, Marshall's and TJ Maxx. If you are shopping after-Christmas sales, look for designs that can be dressed up with your own personal touch. Here we show you how to take a basic felt pillow and make it look better, richer, more elegant by using iron-on thread. This thread is a quick, no-sew embellishment that looks like embroidery. It's a great way to upgrade a purchased ho-hum item.
- Purchased felt pillow. We found this pillow with snowflake applique at a Home Goods store.
- Kreinik Iron-on 1/8" Ribbon in 6225 Gold (alternate idea: 6020 Silver)
- Kreinik Adhesive Press Cloth (choose one that fits your iron)
- Craft iron like the Clover Mini Iron, or your home iron
- If your iron is already Teflon® coated, you are good to go. However, most craft irons need something on the plate to keep it from getting gummed up with residue. Voila: simply adhere the Adhesive Press Cloth from Kreinik, and your iron is now non-stick. Side note: Make sure you put on the press cloth when the iron is cool.
- Turn your iron on to the high heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Start ironing your thread at any spot on your pillow. Lay the thread on the design, press with your hot iron for a few seconds until the thread adheres. Keep going as you iron the fusible thread down in the desired pattern.
- Enjoy your "faux embroidered" pillow!